Friday 8 February 2013

Ms. Misunderstood

Uuugh! What the flipping hell. I feel like I am in one of the most misunderstood times of my life. Regardless of being 18 years of age, which may seem young in the eyes of others I feel like an adult. Yet I am not often treated like one. Especially by my own parents. It is one of the most frustrating things I continue to endure. All I ever try to do is prove my maturity level and how responsible I am but for some odd reason it never seems to reside with them that I am becoming an adult.

I recognize that I probably shouldn't be in such a rush to grow up but because of the things I've faced through out my life time I can't help but think that I was unwillingly forced to mature mentally very early on. I don't see it appropriate to go into much detail on the subject but a lot of the challenges my younger sister, our parents and I had to face allowed for us to grow up quickly without choice. Like my dad would say, we had to deal with "grown-up stuff". I guess that might be a subconscious reason as to why I just want full independence already. I don't even know if that makes any real sense but life is confusing. Wallowing in my own thoughts about why people do the things they do, and what it's all suppose to mean can really drive me insane. Being alone can account for that too. Sorry... I digress, but back to my issue with growing up... All I want is to be appreciated for my maturity and rationality. It takes a lot. Not that I'm unhappy and don't like to be this way, because I am. And I do. It would just be nice to have adults recognize that not all young adults or adolescents are unintelligible and reckless because I know that I am anything but that. I am also confident that there are various other like me in the same position.

No comments:

Post a Comment